ISO has developed international standards for about 20000 for about different types of process and services including Manufacturing, Health care, IT, Accounting Human resources etc…. So whatever your business is, ISO can be applied to procure ISO standard.
Most common types are:
- ISO 9000 series for Quality Management
- ISO 14000 for Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 31000 for Risk Management
- ISO/IEC standards in electrical and electronic related technologies.
- ISO/IECJTC1 standards in IT
- ISO/IEC JTC 2 standards in Energy efficiency and renewable energy sources.
ISO in India:
The Government of India, Indian Industry and other stakeholders jointly took the initiative in 1990s and established a Internationally recognised formal accreditation mechanism, with in the country, in response to the emerging needs of the trade and industry, to the organisations which provide conformity assessment services such as Certification, Inspection and Testing, Named as Quality Council of India entrusted with the task of establishing accreditation system in India.
The National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies provides accreditation to Certification and Inspection Bodies based on assessment of their competence as per the Board’s criteria and in accordance with International Standards and Guidelines.
NABCB is internationally recognised and represents the interests of the Indian industry at international forums through
- Membership and active participation
- Quality management systems
- QMS for Medical Devices
- Environmental Management Systems
- Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Product Certification
- Energy Management Systems
- Information Security Management Systems
- Information Technology Service Management Systems
- Personnel Certification
- Road Traffic Safety Management Systems
- Trustworthy Digital Repository Management Systems